2016 is expected to be a great year for gaming, with several highly anticipated releases throughout the year. Games on all platforms can expect to see some amazing sequels to their favorite games as well as several groundbreaking new titles. Here are 10 games you won’t want to miss this year.
1. Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – This fan favorite has been re-booted with some creative changes to the gameplay and story. A recent interview announced that Gears of War 4 kicks off a new trilogy.
2. ReCore (Xbox One, PC) – This postapocalyptic action-adventure is set to hit shelves late this year. The trailer teases beautiful gameplay and visuals.
3. Crackdown 3 (XBox One) – Third person shooter meets sandbox in Crackdown 3. This game promises completely destructible environments and is expected in Q3.
4. Homefront: The Revolution (PC, MAC, Linux, Xbox One, PS4) – This open world FPS has a revolutionary message and a fascinating storyline.
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – Users will play as the familiar protagonist Adam Jensen, and can expect the same high quality, immersive gameplay as the franchise has consistently put out.
6. Doom (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Bethesda brings us the newest installment in the Doom series. This release marks the first major installment of the Doom reboot, and is set for a May release. The trailer promises the perfect blend of nostalgic nods to the original gameplay and modern creative changes.
7. The Last Guardian (PS4) – This puzzle-based action adventure has had a rocky development, and was originally slated for release in 2011 on PS3. It was re-announced for PS4 at the 2015 E3 conference with a visually gorgeous trailer, which offered a promising look into the game’s immersive and emotional storyline.
8. No Man’s Sky (PS4, PC) – This game is truly in uncharted territory. No Man’s Sky is an infinite open universe. It boasts a nearly endless pool of planets with unique plant and animal life, offering fans of open-world games a solution to the major downside most of these games face– they simply become boring when you’ve seen it all. With over 18 quintillion unique planets in this game, it elevates open-world gaming to new heights.
9. Final Fantasy 15 (PS4, Xbox One) – The most recent installment in the Final Fantasy series has been hyped by game enthusiasts, and with promises of optimized framerates and 50+ hours of gameplay, it isn’t hard to see why. The franchise continuously outdoes itself, and it looks like Final Fantasy 15 will continue the pattern.
10. Quantum Break (PC, Xbox One) – Featuring an episodic play style that adapts to players’ choices, the plot of this shooter is centered around a time travel experiment gone awry. Quantum Break offers a unique take on science fiction shooters, combining unique time manipulation abilities with the standard firearm fare.