Cbd is proving to answer most of the tough problems of chronic pain, epilepsy, seizures, and depression. A small dose every day keeps your brain working smoothly without causing any disruptions or side effects. It is becoming a choice and way to loosen up and unwind after a stressful day at work.
A variety of CBD gummies, tinctures, and oils have flooded the market, and hence, many brands are introducing their version of CBD treats for consumers. Be it the flavor kick of cherry lemon or the different types of products: soft gels, body lotions, bath bombs, CBD has a broad set of product range for you to choose from.
The most practical and easiest to consume CBD products are the CBD gummies: they’ll be finished before you know it. But do you know, you can make these healthy and delicious treats at home without the fuss and with only five ingredients? This article will guide you through the process of making the best CBD gummies at home.
What are CBD gummies?
CBD gummies are soft, chewy treats infused with cannabidiol extract. Consumed for its health benefits, the concentration of the CBD infusion per gummy varies according to the medical use, brand of the CBD, and source of extracts.
The isolated CBD is pure CBD obtained from the hemp plant and has no THC content (psychoactive element). While full spectrum CBD, extracted from hemp or cannabis plants, has all complementary cannabinoids and THC (<0.3%). You can choose between hemp gummies or CBD gummies, both with their own set of benefits. The entourage effect caused by the full spectrum CBD and its THC content relaxes the mind and body by interacting with the neuroreceptors and enhancing the dopamine release. And, is therefore said to impart better results and benefits for the user.
There are the Best CBD gummies that work in the market available in varying doses and even flavors for you to choose from, as suitable for your use: relaxing in the evening, insomnia, or as healthy treats.
Why make CBD gummies at home?
Why face all the trouble when you can buy it online or at your nearest gas station store? Well, for the following reasons:
- Concentration control: When making your gummies, you can modify the concentration to as low as you want for optimum benefits without the slight side effects of drowsiness or diarrhea. Or concentrate the dose as suggested by your doctor. So instead of taking two gummies to consume 40mg of CBD, you can cook the gummies of 40 mg/gummy at home.
- Adapting to your lifestyle: the vegans, the vegetarians, or people who are allergic to specific components of the packed foods or gelatin, may choose to make their gummies and enjoy without guilt or worry.
- You can experiment with the flavors and colors for your homemade treats, from strawberries to lime to blueberries; you can try out any flavor as long as the fruit juice does not prevent the gummies from setting into shape. You can try apples, grapes, or spices.
- Ensured quality: when you are making these gummies at home, you, of course, make sure that only the fresh and the best ingredients are used, with complete cleanliness and quality control for your satisfaction. There are no added preservatives, flavors, and additives that decrease the quality of the product.
- Shelf life: these tasty gummies will not last the week, and before long, you’ll need to make the next batch. But they have a shelf life of 2 weeks as they do not contain any preservatives.
What will you need?
The gummies require gelatin as their main ingredient to make gummies in addition to the CBD extract of your choice.
Following are the additional ingredients you will require:
- A cup of water for the base (1 cup)
- Flavors: choose your favorite fruit juice. Some of the people’s favorites are as follows.
- Dried hibiscus flowers and hibiscus tea bags
- Lime or lemon juice.
- Tart cherry juice.
- Avoid using kiwi, pineapple, and papaya as they don’t gel well for the gummies to form a firm structure.
- Gelatin: for forming the gel. Gelatin is procured from animal collagen and, hence, is not vegan or vegetarian. You may want to replace gelatin with agar-agar, vegan gel, any vegan substitute. (1 packet of gelatin, four tablespoons)
- Sugar: for sweetening purposes. (1-2 spoonfuls)
- Cbd: you may use isolated extract or full-spectrum CBD for fuller benefits (24 doses of tincture, or as you want for your consumption, or suggested by doctors). You can use the CBD oil or remedies of your choice.
You will need a mixing bowl, whisker, a heating pan, a gummy mold, and spraying oil.
How to make CBD gummies?
- Get the water in a bowl, add your choice of flavoring, and bring it to a gentle simmer. (make hibiscus tea or cherry juice syrup)
- Add dried fruit powders and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add sugar and lime juice that will thicken the mix and gain the consistency of a thick syrup. You can use sugar substitutes like stevia, agave syrup for a sugar-free option.
- Add gelatin or agar-agar and keep stirring it constantly to avoid lumps. Keep whisking it gently until all of the gelatin is added and the mix reaches a glass-like texture.
- Cool Down the pan and add CBD tincture to the mix, and mix till wholly dispersed. This is the time to set the gummies for cooling.
- Pour the mix in the gummy mold spoon by spoon. Be quick! The semisolid mixture starts to solidify as soon as you remove it from the heat.
- Let them sit for 2 hours to chill. For making them chewier, air-dry them on the wire rack.
With this detailed guide to your kitchen equipment and ingredients for CBD gummies, you will cook these yummy treats without mistakes. Print or save this recipe for your next Sunday to cook these delicious treats at your house. You will be surprised with the ease of method and the quick cooking time to get such results. Remember not to finish those in one go!