By: Chhaya Néné (University of Miami)
Follow Chhaya on Twitter
Eating. It’s something we all need to do, but eating day in and day out at the dining hall can get extremely boring. And for all those who have moved into an apartment or now have a house when it comes to dinner, you may not know what to cook. Let’s be honest. As college students we want something that’s quick and easy to make, and no I’m not talking about Easy Mac. I have decided to make 8 recipes, simple enough for college students (don’t worry) and will share my experience. Last night I started with Barbecue Chicken and a side salad…hopefully these will be of help to you! Enjoy!
3 Gold and Plump All Natural Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts (1 packet)
Barbecue Sauce (Store Bought works)
1 Head of lettuce
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Bag of pre-cut Carrots
– Oven Safe Microwave Dish with Cover (You should be able to put the Chicken Breasts inside)
– Cutting Board
1) Wash the Chicken
2) Cut Away all Yellow Substances on the Chicken… it’s fat.
3) Place Chicken Breasts in Dish
4) Slather Chicken in Barbecue Sauce
5) Cover Dish and Stick it in the Microwave for 10 minutes
6) Take Chicken out, make sure it’s not pink on the inside
7) Wash all the items you’re are going to use for your salad in your colander
8) Chop the quantities you’d like of all items
That’s it! You’re ready to enjoy a simple meal! Stay tuned for more simple recipes!.