Every week our friends at Hazed & Confused send us 10 of their best, worst, and weirdest pledge stories to post up. Here are this week’s winners. Got a better hazing story? Be sure to head over to their site and submit it. It’s 100% anonymous, and maybe it’ll find its way back to here next Wednesday.
1. “Every year towards the end of pledging, we always blindfold the pledges, drive them about an hour away from campus in the woods with no phones, wallets, or shoes and tell them to find their way home. One time it took the pledges a full day to get back”
Damn, this must especially suck if you go to school in the middle of nowhere. If someone dropped me off in the woods far from campus, I’d probably be lost for weeks. This is extra hard for freshmen who still don’t know their ways around. I wonder how long it took the pledges to get back… or even IF they all made it back. This story is starting to sounds like a bad horror movie.
2. “We always make our new pledges lie down in a blow up pool called “Brother Baptism”. It’s filled with six inches of ice water, beer, kitchen garbage, and urine. While they lay there they must leave their mouth wide open while we drop raw eggs into their mouth and pour buckets of the water over them”
This might be a little religious and shit but I kinda like it. It’s like taking pledges, mixing them with all of the elements of frat life, and having them be born again as a frat bro. Plus, covering your pledges with random liquids is always fun, although the raw egg thing is a little random.
3. “On Game day my pledge brothers and I were forced to strip down and all given jockstraps and had to run through tailgates that were going on before the game and into the town”
This story gives me a visual I just don’t want in my head. To me, it sounds like a jockstrap parade around campus. This would not only help you embarrass your pledges, but it will also help them get arrested for public indecency. Personally I would not want to spend the night in jail in nothing but a jock strap… that’s gotta be rough.
4. “We tell the pledges they must drink the blood of the older boys in the frat to become blood brothers and be initiated. We cover them with it and make them drink it. They get really grossed out but its really homemade fake blood “
This has the potential to be scary but it’s just too extreme to really scare your pledges for too long. Fake blood would freak out the weak pledges for a little while, but I don’t know, I think most guys wouldn’t believe it was real. You guys are better off getting animal blood or something and really making them go through with it. Come on guys step it up!
5. “When I flew to visit my friend at her school, I was greeted at the airport by a group of 10 girls holding signs with my name on it… They read me a poem and gave me flowers. It was hilarious.”
I usually try to leave out the sorority stories but this story always makes me laugh. Sure it’s harmless and not that bad for the pledges, but it still deserves some recognition as a pretty funny prank and a fun way to fuck with your pledges. Plus anything that gets you out of driving all the way to the airport is a good move.
6. “We just started a pledge vs. food contest where they have to eat a crazy amount of food in short amount of time. They’ve had to finish a table full of burgers, hot wings, and pizza. If they don’t finish they gotta do jumping jacks and usually puke”
Whenever I watch Man vs. Food, I wonder how well I’d do against a giant burger or pizza. Man vs. Food is awesome, but seeing your pledges attempt those challenges must be pretty damn entertaining. I would love to see a Youtube video of this because I doubt you gave them a fair challenge. The fact that you guys make them do jumping jacks after makes me sick just thinking about it, but it’s a good touch.
7. “One day, all of us pledges wore trousers with buttoned flys instead of zippers except the buttons were removed. We all attended classes and walked around campus all day with flies open.”
I know, I know… I only included this story to show you guys how lame it was. Why would you even try this? Making your pledges keep their flies open is the best thing you could have thought of? REALLY? I’m scared to see what the guys in your frat are like. You don’t even deserve to call yourselves a frat! Get out of here!
8. “This one kid in my pledge class was terrified of snakes, so the brothers got some non-poisonous snakes from the pet store, laid us down in the basement, and let them crawl all over us.”
Was Joe Rogan your pledge master, guys? This would definitely get your pledges bugging, but it seems like way too much effort for me. I mean how much are snakes anyway? Call me lazy, but even my frat didn’t have the funds to spend on house pets, nevertheless exotic animals. I’d rather just lock the guys in the basement with rats and call it a day, but if you’ve always dreamed of being the host of Fear Factor go for it!
9.”For the entire semester pledges aren’t allowed to drive or take a car anywhere. They must ride one of the bikes our frat provides them to any function they have. The best is when they need to go somewhere and all the bikes are already out with other pledges”
This is actually a pretty great idea, especially if you have to travel long distances. It’s hard to look cool rolling up to a party or a bar on a bicycle. Not only is this environmentally friendly, but it can also be really exhausting. Biking up hill can really be a bitch. I’m sure watching pledges try to drink and ride was funny too.
10.“Together as a whole, the frat bought what must of been 500 mouse traps. They blindfolded all the pledges and bunched them together in a small group in the middle of the kitchen. Then they took and hid all of their “Pledge Books” while the other brothers placed the mouse traps all around them, literally everywhere. The pledges had to then feel around and find all of their “Pledge Books” blindfolded. The pledges were constantly stepping on the traps, and brothers were even throwing more traps at them. They couldn’t stop till everybodys book had been found”
I’ve never actually been snapped by a mousetrap, but it looks like it kills. Walking around them blind folded sounds painful,and those guys must have been bruised all over. Yeah, buying and setting up a room full of mouse traps is a lot of work, but to witness this probably makes it worth it. Finding pledge books in a maze of mouse traps sounds impossible and unfair to pledges, but, well, who really cares? Even though it’s cruel, I can appreciate your creativity here.
Check out http://www.hazedandconfused.com for even more anonymous hazing stories and to submit your own!!