By: Kelsey Pinault (University of Miami)
Follow Kelsey on Twitter
Let’s face it, college can make even the richest feel a little poor; but don’t worry, that’s what summer is for. Here’s a list of the top ten jobs that will still leave you time to enjoy the anticipated months and maybe even introduce you to your summer crush.
1. Lifeguard. What’s a more ideal summer job than sitting in the sun? No shoes required.
2. Camp Counselor. There’s no denying that there’s still a kid in all of us, so spend your days playing games and sports. You get plenty of time to go out, and weekends are work-free. Just make sure it’s a coed camp- you can reap the benefits.
3. Server. Some aren’t willing to give up their days in the sun this time of year, so what better than a night job allowing you to walk out with cash in your pocket each night?
4. Clothing Retail. Working in the mall will not only get you out of the heat for a few hours each day, but you’ll also get a discount on all the great summer clothes.
5. Yard Maintenance. Guys – this one’s for you. Maybe you’ll even find a hot summer fling when the housewife brings you some lemonade…
6. House Sitter. With all the families taking vacation, this is a perfect opportunity to get out of your own house, and maybe have a party or two.
7. Amusement Park. This clearly only applies to those who are Mickey’s neighbor, but it’s a great way to stay outside and maybe meet some babes from out of town.
8. Babysitting. With all the food you can ask for and a great hourly wage, it’s easy to tune out the cries.
9. Bartender. When you get off work you’re already at the place you want to be.
10. Hotel Resorts. From a personal lotion applier to handing out keys to the cabana, you’re bound to meet all sorts of types.
So now that you have the ideas, get on those applications!