By: Lauren Cohen, The Campus Movie Guru
Follow The Campus Movie Guru on Twitter
Have you ever had that feeling where you’re sitting there watching a movie, and out of nowhere, a particularly random or outrageous scene comes on that forces you to take yourself out of the movie for a moment and think to yourself…WTF?! Of course you have! Read on for the Top 20 WTF Movie Moments and see if any of your favs made the cut!
20. Old Rose throws the Heart of the Ocean into the water – Titanic – I have to start off by saying that Titanic is one of my all-time favorite movies. But when coming up with this list, I couldn’t shake off the memory of what my father said after finishing the movie: “You want to know what the saddest part of the movie was? When the old lady threw that huge diamond into the ocean!”
19. Spider-Man goes Emo – Spider-Man 3– The greasy, straight hair, the eyeliner, and all those black clothes…Oh what were they thinking?!
18. The Musical Number in Billy Madison – I think most people were a little caught off guard when Adam Sandler and cast broke out into song and dance absolutely out of nowhere in this mini musical number. “Do you have any more gum, more gum, more gum, more gum?”
17. Simultaneous Sex/Fight Scene – Shoot Em’ Up– When I first saw this scene I really didn’t know what to think. It is quite possibly THE most absurd sex scene in the history of cinema, but Clive Owen banging the incredibly sexy Monica Bellucci while taking out multiple people trying to shoot him? That’s just too badass to hate!
16. The Head Spin – The Exorcist – “Your mother sucks cocks in hell!” The Exorcist definitely had its choice of WTF moments, but I had to go with the most famous: When Linda Blair’s head makes a complete 180 while speaking in the devil’s voice…chilling!
15. The Naked Break-Up – Forgetting Sarah Marshall – Half-naked Peter walks into the room, and upon realizing that his long term girlfriend Sarah Marshall is about to break-up with him, drops his towel, and shocked audiences all over with his blatant full-frontal nudity. What makes this scene even better? Something very similar happened to Jason Segel in real life, inspiring him to write it into the script.