By: Kevin Plaza
This is it. This is the big one…well for this season anyway; it’s time to win. Seemingly out of nowhere, the New York Jets, who were left for dead by many, have found themselves in a situation where they control their playoff fate.
So many things had to fall into place for the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS to make the playoffs. The breaks are starting to go in the Jets way and, more importantly, they are starting to regain some of that early-season swagger when they take the field, especially on the defensive side of the ball. With countless receivers stranded on Revis Island and the Bart “ The MadBacker” Scott, leading this number one ranked defense into a must win game against the Cincinnati Bengals, the Jets fans can do their best Jim Mora impression and start screaming “Playoffs?!”
A few quick hits about the week that was in the NFL:
– The Saints losing to the Bucs is troublesome but I mean c’mon man, Tampa Bay is about as talented as the Little Giants without Becky “The Icebox” O’Shea at linebacker.
– Courtesy of the Jets (and Colts Head Coach Jim Caldwell), there will be no undefeated team this year. Peyton Manning had time to sit on the bench and call Justin Timberlake to discuss more hilarious Sony commercials.
– The Chargers are my pick to go to the Super Bowl in the AFC. Everything is clicking for this team and Philip Rivers looks ready to turn the corner into elite QB status.
– The Giants are simply a joke. If this team did not have such a easy early schedule, they would finish under .500 for the year.
– Jay Cutler likes to throw interceptions.
– Last but not least… Chris Johnson can beat me in a race…even if I was riding a stock car.