So you’ve lost a great pair of sunglasses and you’re in the market for a new pair? You probably feel as though the pair you lost was irreplaceable. However, there are some really terrific sunglasses on the market right now.
Here are five pairs of shades that are not only affordable, but also fashionable.
- Spitfire. Currently available at Urban Outfitters, these sunglasses offer a bit of nostalgia in their design. (You might recognize people wearing something similar on Mad Men). They have a bulky, acetate frame with contoured arms and a prominent hinge. The lenses are distortion-free, and provide both UVA and UVB protection. The price is only $35.
- Brooklyn Bandit. Karmaloop presents these great shades at a price of only $34. These are also vintage-inspired but look plenty chic. The cherry-brown handles set against the light purple lenses convey an unmistakable sense of sophistication.
- Neff. If you want an original look for your eyewear, look no further than this pair, available for only $19.95 at Zumiez. The glasses feature a clear, plastic frame which houses yellow polycarbonate lenses. The shape is classic wayfarer; it’s a great fashion statement at a very affordable price.
- Knockaround. This cleverly named “Fort Knocks” model sports polarized lenses designed to significantly reduce sun glare from windows, water, and road surfaces. The design was inspired by Fort Knox, which is why it features gold bar imaging. This pair is currently selling for $30.
- Riverside Drive Wayfarers. The design of this pair of sunglasses is pretty geographically specific. But don’t let that fool you. These glasses will look great on anyone in any part of the world. The glasses, designed for “warm summer nights” by the Mississippi River, feature gold accents with a fairly traditional design. They’re currently selling for only $17.99.
Whatever decision you make, be advised that there are numerous outlets online for purchasing sunglasses. Some of those online outfits offer a comprehensive catalog of designer sunglasses at great prices.
Other options to consider are individual retail outlets like the ones mentioned above. The good news is that you have plenty of options when cybershopping for great summer eyewear, so go ahead and get the ball rolling on replacing that lost pair of sunglasses.