Although it may have been a few years ago, it should come as no surprise to many of you young whippersnappers that I did once attend college and I understand the rigors of the daily grind between classes, frat life, studying, and trolling for booty at night. I am not going to act like I was the Campus Casanova, however I did have one huge ace up my sleeve outside of my good looks when it came to scoring some tail: my cleanliness. Go ahead, laugh it up if you’d like, but ask anyone who knows me and I am the cleanest man this side of the Mississippi and to prove my point for Halloween 2005 I shined up my scalp, dressed up as Mr. Clean and could’ve had the pick of any broad at the party. Unfortunately I woke up next to my empty bottle of glass cleaner that was once filled with Jack Daniels and some wildebeest whose name escapes me. The point is that in this day and age guys need to understand that girls associate cleanliness with sexiness and you aren’t gonna get any action if you smell like a dumpster filled with anchovies. To prove my point with some legit scientific research, our friends over at AXE conducted a study with guys and girls at six major U.S. colleges and universities to see what they realy thought about male grooming. In the random crossover study, 261 guys were asked to shower with bar soap for one week and with AXE Shower Gel and the AXE Detailer Shower Tool for a week. The results were clear: AXE clean guys get the girl.
AXE, a leader in men’s care, teamed up with the Sports and Leisure Research Group, to conduct a study with guys and girls at six major U.S. colleges and universities to see what they really thought about male grooming. In the random crossover study, 261 guys at six major Universities were asked to shower with bar soap for one week and with AXE Phoenix Shower Gel and the AXE Detailer Shower Tool for a week.
Actress Vanessa Minnillo partnered with AXE to tap into the study findings and what it means for guys. “‘True beauty’ comes from within,” says Minnillo. “But, guys, don’t kid yourselves, you will have no chance with the ladies if you don’t pay attention to all aspects of your game. This study proves what us girls have known forever – clean guys are sexy – and a great way to ensure you are clean is with AXE Shower Gel.”
That’s What She Said
With the insights from girls across all six campuses, AXE honed in on what girls truly want and found that college girls agree: cleanliness is next to sexiness.
· ‘A’ for effort – 66% of girls surveyed felt that a guy who put more effort into their personal hygiene was sexy.
· A shower a day makes the girls want to play – 3 out of four girls (75%) said that they would only date a guy who showered daily.
· Should I stay or should I go now? – The majority of girls (81%) said they’d be more willing to shower at a guy’s apartment if he had AXE Shower Gel in his shower (as opposed to bar soap).
Clean Man on Campus
Knowing that girls dig a guy with that “just took a shower” smell, AXE wanted to find out from girls who they thought were the cleanest guys on campus. The verdict: the school’s hottest guys are more likely to be found in the library than the weight room.
· Hot for teacher – Almost half of the girls (47%) agreed that professors were the best groomed men in school, followed by members of student government (45%), Pre-med students (44%) and guys who attend Ivy League schools (44%).
· Fraternity rush…to the showers – of all campus groups, girls viewed frat members as having the worst hygiene on campus (39%), followed closely by the newly independent freshmen (29%), on-campus residents (23%) and varsity athletes (16%).
Believe to Achieve
After using AXE, guys saw an immediate boost to their game.
· So fresh and so clean – Most guys said they smelled better (90%) after using AXE Shower Gel than they did after using bar soap alone.
· Confidence is key – After showering with AXE, nine out of 10 guys (91%) felt more confident in approaching girls and commented that they’d be ready for that chance hook-up opportunity.
· Under pressure – 88% of guys felt more confident in high-pressure situations, such as internship interviews, class presentations, etc., after showering with AXE.
· Saved by the shower – In fact, during the week in which guys showered with AXE Shower Gel and the AXE Detailer Shower Tool, they were seven times more likely to hook up (23% vs. 3% of those who used regular bar soap).
Step Up The (Grooming) Game
The key to stepping up a guy’s game can be as simple as upgrading his shower routine. Campus life can be a little easier with a host of products by AXE Shower designed to keep guys at the top of their game.
The AXE Detailer Shower Tool and 12 fl.-oz Shower Gels have a suggested retail price of $3.99 each. All are available at most food, drug, club and mass outlets nationwide.